Customized care in the comfort of your home.
In medicine, let it be Human or Veterinarian, it is essential to create trust that links the patients to the practitioner. In times of need, we search for the person we know, the person who has helped our pets, and followed him or her all these years. Unfortunately, like any other human being, one cannot always be available. That is where Veteris is at your service; in close connexion to your regular veterinarian.
If you are worried that on the days that follow the consultation, you will have to explain everything back to your veterinarian, you should not have to.
On the very morning that follows our intervention, your veterinarian will receive a full account of the consultation:
- The reason you called
- What you have observed
- What we have observed with our clinical examination or our complimentary examinations
- The potential diagnosis
- The possible treatment that was set in place
Rest assured that your veterinary surgeon will be notified of each detail about your pet, with no information being lost or compromised.
Phone & Triage Counseling
Veteris is always available and will always answer your call. If you are worried about your pet, wondering if the situation at home is an emergency, or could wait for the opening of your usual veterinary clinic, simply give us a call.
Based on your information and your answers to our specific question, a decision will be taken together.
There are different possibilities at the end of the phone triage:
- The situation at home is not an emergency and after reassuring you, you will be able to wait for your veterinarian’s clinic opening.
- The situation at home is indeed an emergency for which we can intervene and if you are willing, we will send an emergency veterinarian to your home to assist you and your pet.
- The situation at home is indeed an emergency but needs specific care and/or hospitalisation and we will refer you to the nearest hospital.
Phone triage is not a way to set a diagnosis. In order to draw one, your pet has to be seen by our emergency veterinarian.
Veteris’ phone triage service is entirely free of charge.
Veteris is equipped to handle various types of emergency situations, including:
- Surgery – Suturing of wounds, trauma, car accident, fall, first aid in case of a fracture, abscess, foreign bodies in ear, nose, eyes or paws, urethral blocage
- Acute respiratory difficulty
- Decompensation of a chronical disease like a cardiac disease, kidney disease, etc.
- Orthopedics – Lameness, pain
- Obstetrics – Assisting in difficult birth
- Dermatology in case of acute and painful condition ( otitis, hotspots, etc.)
Our in-home euthanasia service provides calm, compassionate end of life care. One of our veterinarians will come to your home and provide the kind of gentle care your pet deserves in their last moments.